Wednesday, March 5, 2008

PB & Jana

I have come to be known in my current ward as "The Treat Lady." I'm not sure this is the best reputation to have, but I do love to take yummy things to friends' houses. One of my favorites is a Cox family recipe from my sister-in-law, Gayle, who is a fabulous cook. This is definitely not a low fat dessert, but it is so, so good. You must try it. Here is the tasty concoction:

Gayle's Peanut Butter Balls
12 graham crackers, crushed
4 cups powdered sugar
2 cups peanut butter
1 1/2 cubes butter (my brother uses 2 cubes), mostly melted

Crush graham crackers in a plastic bag with a rolling pin until texture is fine. In a bowl, combine graham crackers, 2 cups powdered sugar and all of peanut butter. Add butter and remaining 2 cups powdered sugar. Form into small balls, place on cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes. Melt 1 bag of Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips in the microwave (30 seconds, stir, another 30 seconds), and drizzle with a spoon over balls. Freeze for 30 minutes. PB balls taste best cold. Store in fridge or freezer.

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds perfect for the finger-food get together I have to take something to tomorrow. Everyone loves pb and chocolate!

Audrey and the Boys said...

I can't wait to try these. They sound delicious. I love peanut butter and chocolate (who doesn't). I love graham crackers too, so it sounds like the perfect combo.

Mary Ann said...

Aud
the meadow house seemed not as scary to me too, which was wierd. I think it was because there weren't any curtains anywhere so the house was actually light. It was a little disappointing how unlike my memories it seemed!

Mary Ann said...

oh, and I got the squirter thing at a kitchen outlet store in st. george, but I also saw them today at Wal-mart by the cake decorating stuff.

melissa said...

Jana:

Those look scrumptious! And your photo is so pretty too. I love anything with peanut butter. I'll have to try those!

Mary Ann said...

I made these today for a party and who knew the man of honor loves pb and chocolate. These were perfect! Do I have permission to post this recipe on my food blog with a pic? Yum!

Jana said...

Mar,
Post away! I'm glad you liked them. I have sure enjoyed your food blog; you've got great ideas!