Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Patchwork Bulletin Board

I am really enjoying using bulletin boards. I love being able to have a place to keep little things that I want to look at without getting my desks or counters all cluttered. I used the little cheap cork squares that you can buy at Michaels and attached some extra fabric that I had left over from other projects with a staple gun. Then we glued it to a solid back and screwed it into the wall.

PS S and I came up with and completed this project before I saw this version at Pottery Barn. Do you think they sent a scout to my house to copy my design ideas?:)

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Very cute and a great way to keep all the little things in view without making a mess. Too bad I don't have any fabric in the house!

alexandra said...

i love this! you have such great home ideas. where do you have it hanging? (is it the one in the kitchen getting aew look?)

Lauren said...

fabulous idea. where do you find your fabric - any great web sites?

melissa said...

That is so beautiful Audrey! I love how you've organized it!

Holly said...

I've been peeking in on your blog via Mare's. I love your ideas. You're a darling homemaker! I'm so happy for you. -Holly (Evans)

Audrey and the Boys said...

This fabric is my collection from many old quilts and a few new pieces from Calico Corners. I want to buy a few things from purlsoho.com though.

Jana said...

I think your patchwork bulletin board is so clever. I love the fabric-covered board I copied from you several months ago. I think I want one for every room in my house. J asked me for his very own just the other day (maybe I'll be brave and do a patchwork board). :)