Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Dinner

Pan-Seared Tilapia with Citrus Vinaigrette

I am making pan seared tilapia tonight for our Valentine Dinner. This recipe is so light and delicious! I wanted to pass it along for a great staple for cooking with any light, mild fish. I think I will add some capers this time too.  Mary Ann originally tipped me off to this recipe and as usual, her recipes are a hit. 

As a side note, this recipe is really easy to play around with. If you don't have white wine, you can add chicken broth and if you don't have sherry vinegar just use another vinegar. Likewise with the shallots. I love shallots, but if you don't have any on hand you could just add a little garlic and minced onion.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Look's really good. I hope that you had a great Valentine's Day!