Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Love of Elephants


Is it any wonder that W. loves elephants? One look at his room and you won't be surprised that he loves animals. A close up look at the fabric for his bedding and curtains reveal that he has been staring at his good friend elephant for a long time now! One very clear memory that I have of my room growing up is staring at my curtains as I dozed off to sleep. They were yellow with a variety of circus animals on them. I loved looking at them and watching the different shades of color as the sun shone threw them. I have to credit S. with the drawing of all the animals on the little boards resting on the plate rail. I love Will's room and I know that he does too. Every morning when I come to get him he either calls out his elephant noise and points at all the elephants or sings E-I-E-I-O while pointing to the rest of the animals.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

So cute. sometimes it is hard to believe we are sisters because you are so good at decorating and gardening and so much other stuff!

Jana said...

I love this room - it is so fun. It looks like something straight out of a magazine. Maybe you and Scott should go into professional decorating instead. :)

melissa said...

Yes this room is so, so beautiful! Your man has talent!

alexandra said...

How wonderful that your husband could draw those. I was going to ask you where you had purchased them. I love your whole house. I love laying my little baby down in your baby's crib bc it is such a pleasant and happy and peaceful room.