Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Saucer Magnolia

This a photo of my favorite Spring bloomer. We (my parents dug and I watched the boys) just planted one in my front yard. I first saw this tree in Georgia and it has been my favorite of the spring blossoming trees ever since. In Georgia I called them Tulip Trees because their blossoms look a little like tulips. Their proper name is Saucer Magnolia. I just love them and I'm so happy to have one of my own! I can't wait for its blossoms to appear. I'll post a photo when they do.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful- I am jealous though because I want to see it in real life.

melissa said...

I too am a lover of magnolia trees. They are all over Forest Hills Gardens and I have so many fond memories of the sweet smell of magnolias accompanying our springtime walks.

Jana said...

How beautiful! I can't wait to see your tree in bloom. Sounds like you had a great time with your family in town.