Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Gardening

Spring is in the air here. True it was 30 degrees today, but I can feel it coming! The days are getting longer and there are birds singing in the morning. The photo above was my first garden. When we moved into the house pictured above the backyard was nothing more tahn a dirt pit. S lovingly laid all of the brick on a steamy 100 degree day and we both transformed the clay soil into great earth that would support life for all of these beautiful plants. I loved that little yard. As I looked out into my new yard today I felt a little overwhelmed. This time we didn't start with a brand new pit of dirt, but an 40 year old yard full of weedy grass. Looking at all the weeds that are just waiting for the first sign of warmth to pop out of their winter hiding places has me feeling a bit intimidated to say the least! Hopefully I can figure out some way to win the fight!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Dear Green Thumb Audrey,
I loved your first little garden, too. I am so glad I was able to see it in person. Hopefully I'll be able to visit your new masterpiece in person as well. :) I can only imagine the possibilities with such a large yard.

Lauren said...

Impressive - I am sure you will work miracles. I miss VA - I love spring time there and the cherry blossoms!

Unknown said...

It's a beauty!