Thursday, May 1, 2008

twin tunes

Hooray! I got Audrey's CD in the mail, and I have been listening to it ever since. It was - as Audrey's creations always are - totally great. I can't believe that we didn't include any of the same songs either, though I have to say that I came within a hair's breadth of putting on "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat, and I can't believe I didn't think to put on "Snow" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. I went crazy for that song a couple of months ago. I love it!



The more I listen to your CD, Aud, the more songs I really really like. I think I am a new fan of Vampire Weekend. La Caution's "The A la Menthe" is awesome. I don't know why, but it reminds me of some music I danced to with the folk dancers. (I busted out a couple of my moves for the four kids I was watching on Tuesday - I couldn't help myself! They were amused.).

E's favorite is "Opposite Day" by Steve Songs. We all like the line about the pancakes eating him for breakfast. "Yikes! Pancakes! One of 'em's got a fork!" (Argh! My video is always sideways! Help! Oh well, she was too cute and I had to share! No guitar this time, though).



I, of course, love "Island in the Sun" by Weezer. It is now officially on my happy song list. This was lots of fun! I think we should do another kind of swap sometime soon - it is great to have a piece of you here with me.

4 comments:

Audrey and the Boys said...

It is so fun sharing the songs! I just listened to your whole CD while driving to the park and to run errands! I'll be up for another swap anytime!

TJB said...

I've been listening to the John Hammond album produced by G. Love. John kills on a slightly hip-hop version of Tore Down. Check it out!

TJB said...

J.J. Cale's Really has really got me groovin' too.

Audrey and the Boys said...

Thanks for the other songs! Those are fun!