Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Late Blooming Dogwood


This lovely tree was a real surprise. I knew it looked like a Dogwood and I kept waiting and waiting for it to blossom. I finally concluded that something was wrong with the tree once all of the other dogwoods in the neighborhood started losing their blossoms. Then, surprise... This tree popped out the most show-stopping blossoms on top of the leaves. I absolutely love the way that this tree is just laden with white blossoms on top of every green branch! The last tribute to spring!

4 comments:

melissa said...

Did you take these photos Audrey? They are simply gorgeous! I can't wait to see your yard in person!

Audrey and the Boys said...

Yes- I took the photos. I have had fun playing around with capturing inanimate objects lately! It is much easier!

Jana said...

Pretty pictures, Audrey. I really like the close-up shot.

Unknown said...

Your blog is gorgeous! I found it via Sugarcityjournal and can't wait to see what comes up next!
Jen