Monday, May 12, 2008

Tutti Frutti Quilt


My sewing machine has sat quietly in its case for far too long, and I have really been wanting to sew something for a special little person in my life. I found this striped and polka dotted fabric called "tutti frutti" and thought it would make the perfect happy blanket. I used several sizes of ric rac to stitch in the ditch, which made "quilting" it so easy and fun. J wants me to make him one with blue fabric and metallic gold ric rac. I'll let you know how that one turns out... :). I've sure loved your recent posts.

3 comments:

Audrey and the Boys said...

I love the bright, sunny colors! Your idea of using ric-rac is adorable too! I love that as a way to machine quilt! I wish I had thought of that before! Congrats on finishing it up! I am sure E will be jealous that it isn't hers!

Mary Ann said...

very cute! I always have envied people who can make quilts (Aud)! I thought about attempting it once, but decided to do something else. Very nice.

melissa said...

What a bright and cheerful quilt. Monique is a lucky lady!