Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Birthday JS!


I have become a connoisseur of fine chocolate cakes as of late. My parents gave us this little number for our last anniversary. Isn't it a beauty? I am with JS on the yellow cake from a box, but as for chocolate cake, I am a bit more demanding. :) I like flour less cake with ganache. My favorite is called Chocolate Rhapsody and is served at a little French cafe that T. and I visit with my brother Jason and his wife every time we go home to see family. It's become a fun little tradition. My friend, Kathy, taught me how to make a delectable chocolate cake with strawberry mousse, and I'm going to try it solo for Valentine's Day. Here's the recipe.

2 comments:

Audrey and the Boys said...

That looks divine! I can't even imagine getting one of those delivered to me! I think I might try out your cake recipe this weekend. We are having some friends over to celebrate all the January birthdays. I love flourless cake with ganache as well.

Jana said...

Warning: Kathy does the cake in two days because it is time consuming. She also has made the cake with a raspberry filling and just plain chocolate, and they are delicious, too. You can even use frozen fruit if you desire. My parents were here visiting during our anniversary, so our cake was delivered by their hands :). Have a great birthday celebration.