Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Shirt-Pants

My dear friend Melissa has inspired me to start sewing for my own boys. I sewed as a young girl and always won the modeling competition at the county fair (my secret dream was to be a model:). My friend Marcie won the construction part. I haven't sewed clothes for a long time. I have sewed quite a few baby blankets, but now I am hooked on sewing for boys. These are the reasons I'm so excited about sewing for my boys.

1- O feels special. He is so impressed that I made this for him. He is now interested in all things related to sewing machines and insists that he is going to sew his own socks. 

2- I can never find anything original for my boys to wear. I am bored with store bought boy clothes. 

4- I can save money (maybe).

3- I feel crafty and excited about all the possibilities. In the photo below you can see the little button tabs. It is fun and something a little different.


8 comments:

alexandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alexandra said...

Wow, Audrey! This is so adorable. How sweet that O appreciates your labor of love. He looks precious.

Mary Ann said...

Very impressive!

Jana said...

I love the lining! How do you do that?! I definitely need to pop over for a sewing lesson! O looks too cute in those. Great work!

Emily Sherinian said...

O O O indede! Darling! Don't know how you do it all!

b.liz said...

You continue to amaze me with your talent, my dear! Seriously beautiful detail and he looks darling in them.

melissa said...

Those little overalls are so, so adorable! The photos are perfect too. I can see why O is so crazy about his mom's creations!

Unknown said...

wow!! that looks so cute, audrey! and I love your picture!