Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cooking Club

I had the funnest time hosting Cooking Club at my house on Thursday. We just started up an Enrichment group for those who love to cook (or would love to learn to cook).

My friend, Krystal, came and shared a box of homemade truffles with each girl there. Aren't they beautiful?! She just started a business from home called "Pink Pastries" using her great grandmother's recipe. Her truffles are scrumptious!

Everyone brought 2 or 3 of their favorite main dish recipes, and many brought food for sampling. I made Gingered Honey Salmon (Amy's recipe), Parmesan Artichoke Chicken and Marmalade Pecan Brie. We had other delights, too - Indian Curry with Fish, Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Roasted Chicken with Pepper Marinade, Enchiladas (beef & chicken), and Spicy Ham & Bean Soup. I think next month is Fondue. I wish you could join us...

P.S. Your CD is on its way! Hope you like it!

3 comments:

KathyD said...

Yummm, all that food sounds so good. It kinda makes me wish were still in Tucson. What a fun group.

Audrey and the Boys said...

How Fun! I want to start a cooking group! First I need to read my next book for book club because I am hosting next week!

By the way, your CD is a little belated. I had it ready to go a week ago and was listening to it in the car when I decided to make some changes, needless to say, I just should have sent it off that day! I promise I won't listen to yours until mine is the mail tomorrow!

Mary Ann said...

I wish I could join you too!