Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sunrise


I woke early this morning. I was at a retreat for our church's women's organization the Relief Society. I was hoping to sleep a little past 7am, but it looks like my boy's early mornings have set a permanent alarm clock for me. That's ok though. I am always happy when I get up early enough to catch the sunrise!

We were out in the country and two of these deer were clashing their antlers. The sound was quite impressive and quite opposite from the photo which looks very peaceful.

3 comments:

Jana said...

I just got home for the night and thought I'd see if you had made a picture post. These are my honest-to-goodness initial thoughts, "No way! There is no way Audrey took that picture!" Amazing. I am sincerely impressed. (I do have to admit that the deer threw me for a minute, until I read your explanation. Still, the photograph is incredible. I especially like the morning mist.).
P.S. Your boys didn't set your internal alarm clock! You've had that for years! Don't you remember when we'd have sleepovers, and you'd be up hours before me just waiting for me to finally get out of bed?!? :)

Audrey and the Boys said...

You are right. I was always up early. Thanks for your compliments on the photo. I didn't think it was that great because it still didn't capture the full beauty of the morning. I wish you could have seen the real thing.

Southwick Family said...

I love this site! What a beautiful sunrise. Thank you for sharing this with us, Audrey. Wish that I could have been there.