Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall Fagoli

It's fall and time for good soups! My friend, Lindsay Poulsen (who is an excellent cook), gave me this recipe. It's delicious.

Olive Garden Pasta Fagoli
1 tbsp. oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion
2 carrots shredded
1 cup celery
30 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. red kidney
2 15 oz. white bean
5 cans beef broth
1 tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
30 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
small pasta

Sauté beef in oil and onion, drain excess fat.
Add carrots, celery, tomato simmer 10 min.
Drain and rinse beans, add with remaining ingredients.
Simmer 10 or more min.
Cook pasta, then add pasta.

Lindsay's personal notes: This makes a large quantity of soup. I usually just put a small portion of noodles in our bowls, pour soup on top, and mix instead of mixing the noodles into the soup (because I usually freeze a portion to use later). When we want to use the frozen portion, I only have to make the noodles.
Jana's notes: I don't use all of the Tabasco or pepper because my kids don't like their food quite that spicy.

3 comments:

Audrey and the Boys said...

Great! I have been wanting some soup! This sounds delicious.

Mary Ann said...

Yum- Perfect for the weather we are having right now!

Poulsen Family said...

I actually only put a little Tabasco in for flavoring too, if it's too hot my kids won't eat it either. I leave it at the table for the adults to add as needed. I'm so glad you've enjoyed this...it is super good!