Thursday, September 11, 2008

O's present for Will



O likes to help me sew. He is quite good at cutting and also is pretty good at lacing cards, so we decided it was time for him to start a project of his own. He decided to make a pillow (with my help). I drew lines on the fabric and he cut it himself. Then he helped me thread the machine and held the fabric steady while we sewed the pillow edges. He then finished the pillow off with some hand stitching. He is quite proud of this little pillow and plans to give it to Will for his birthday. He plans to make a bigger one for himself.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Very cute and thoughtful! How did the brownies turn out?

Jana said...

This is a very impressive pillow, O. Seriously, how many kids can say they could sew at 3?! A very sweet birthday present, indeed. I hope the train party is a wild success. (All three of ours have been :) ). Long live Thomas!

melissa said...

That is so adorable. What a sweet, sweet brother!