Friday, June 13, 2008

My Take on Elevating the Mundane

One reason we purchased our current house is for the yard. O and W are little bundles of energy and need somewhere to run free! I loved playing with them in the back, but the unfinished landscaping bothered me to no end. I took a cue from Melissa's post about elevating the mundane. With a shovel in hand, I landscaped the back while the boys 'helped'. It was f un to read up about plants and figure out which would do well in this climate.

After spending so much time helping me pick out flowers and shrubs O is obsessed with plants everywhere we go. He often stops while riding his bike to make sure I notice 'a very beautiful plant'. For father's day, O thinks his dad would like 'a very big tree with lots of blossoms'! Weeds have reason to fear now too. O is constantly pointing them out and will stop riding his bike to get off at a neighbor's house and pull a few. It has been an adventure planting with my boys but I have totally enjoyed it. I am pleased to be growing little gardeners.


Before

After

Before


After

2 comments:

The Snow Family said...

Audrey you have been busy! Your yard looks amazing. Way to 'elevate'. I can't imagine how you got that all done with two busy boys! But I'm sure they loved digging in the dirt with you! I'm so impressed.

Mary Ann said...

Nice "work"!