Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Asparagus-Tip Tea Sandwiches

Asparagus-Tip Tea Sandwiches

Usually I don't get adventurous for lunch. Not because I don't think it would be fun, but simply because I usually don't plan ahead that well. This past Friday my friend called and asked if we would like to join her for lunch. She had just found a green vegetable that her son would eat...asparagus! She decided to expand on his new taste buds with this recipe. I was the lucky recipient of her culinary plans! These little sandwiches were fabulous and so easy to make. If you have asparagus and bread on hand you are set. I love asparagus so this is a great way for me to enjoy them! I usually save them for a fancy dinner. While asparagus is in season, get some and enjoy! Click here for the link to the recipe from Wondertime (the photo is from Wondertime too- they really do look this pretty though.)

PS The Wondertime article on asparagus mentioned asparagus pee: a distinct smell that your urine makes after eating asparagus. Are S and I the only ones in the world who have never smelled this or known about it??

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Aud- that looks yummy! I just made the play-clay that you posted on here a while ago for D Day- we are focusing on Dough, so I called it playdough. It was easy and great. Thanks for sharing

Mary Ann said...

just made this today and I must say it was delicious. The spread was great just on bread. I will post it on my blog soon.